The Web 2.0 “bubble” has been driven by M&A activity, here are some of the recent acquisitions in the Auto Industry (not manufacturers & not in any order).
- ATCOnlane acquired Carsarrive.com an online marketplace for car transport
- DealerTrack bought Arkona
- Adesa was acquired/taken private by IAA
- OVE acquired Network Remarketing & Technologies
- A bunch of auctions have changed hand of the past year
- ATC and Onlane merged
I’m sure there are more, all that came to mind. We need more acquisitions in the auto industry to spur more startups.